Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Donkey port


Donkey port
Originally uploaded by FranSb.
As one of our employers has complained that the Donkey Port was not open at night save for the one donkey she was able to hire, I have consulted with the Great White Owl who has lent me two of his liveliest offspring to keep overnight records and contact donkeys as needed. The young owls were pleased to come as they are promised rides in the day time when the donkeys are not too busy. As the elder of these is quite capable of using the mobile phone he has in hand you will be able to get in touch with me or the Boss Donkey from the port in future. Yours, the Secretary

8 Comments:

At 4:02 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I just love what you are doing, Fran. If you want to place any of your works or put a piece on the Hermitage Publishing Blog, it would be very happy to have your words and your much loved menagerie on show there. Email me if you decide.

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Correction: Hermitage Publications, that is!

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Fran said...

Thank you Imogen, I'll think about it. (I won't consult the Boss Donkey on this one--h'd take over the whole show.) Fran

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

OK, do what you think is best for you.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I just adore the narrative you have created here with the donkey's Fran. I feel I must include a sketch of them soon. I have only done Regina's portrait but perhaps another donkey would like their portrait done - one that the Secretary can have on her desk.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Fran, I enjoy the dispatches from the Donkey Union so much. The donkeys are obviously highly imaginative, gifted, and dare I say, political. I'm pro-union, so rock on.

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger Fran said...

Heretical to be political? The Sec.

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I like the ideas of portraits of the donkeys for the Secretary's desk!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home