Saturday, September 10, 2005

Patient Journey

DONKEY SONG

I dare not glance down -- again,
for the chasm walls of my fears
exceed the depths of reason.

The trail ahead is faint and narrow,
secure only for donkey foot
and blind trust in instinct.

My normally well placed naked foot
dangles aimlessly from its side,
wishing for more stable ground.

My inside foot, more knowledgeable,
scraps the jagged, ancient wall
dusted by those passed before.

I believe this trail has an ending
because I have no wisdom here
and must have faith in donkey.

Such tiny feet and silent nature,
inner balance beyond my ken
and natural forbearance.

Oh that I, and thus humanity
could have such simple attributes
that empowers a donkey song …

clip clop -- clip clop

2 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger Fran said...

Thank you o wise one and master of song.

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Fran said...

The Donkeys Union wishes me to express their delight in finding a poet who appreciates sure-footed small ones. The Secretary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home